Eliana and all,
You are correct I'd missed the 'My_server" in the smtp url, but that
didn't
fix the basic problem.

I've tried every combination of imap smtp sending setups people have
reccommended and nothing works.
I get either "connection refused" or an apparrent send with no errors
wherein the message just doesn't arrive.

Should I start a trace or some such of a sending attempt, and if so how
do I
go about that?

Also, is it necessary when upgrading mutt to start with a new copy of
the
current muttrc file and modify that? or will .rc files that work with a
slightly older version work with the latest stable release?

Thanks
  Tom Fowle
  wa6iv...@fastmail.fm