Just to be sure you created the .debug files, don't forget the
-d#
command line option when envoking mutt to debug.  Try to keep the
session as
-short as possible just enough work to show the problem.  This keeps the
log
-files more manageable.

The # in the -d option defines the debug level, 0-4 higher number
provides
more details.

Tom
  Tom Fowle