Hello Russ,

Just to be clear, the following.

What does ``mutt -v | grep DEBUG'' give?

If the answer is +DEBUG, then ...

>From man mutt:

``If mutt was complied with +DEBUG log debugging output to ~/.muttdebug0. Level
can range from 1-5 and effects verbosity. A value of 2 is recommended.''

Did you look for a .muttdebug0 file?

If the file is not present, than you probably do not have rights to write
to a file in that directory. Check your rights by running
``touch .muttdebug0'' Did you create a .muttdebug0 file?

Have a look into /var/log/messages or any availabe log file!

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,

Wiel