On 2015年09月07日 13時39分, Cameron Simpson wrote:
Hmm. I was going to complain about your reflow_*
settings (even though the defaults are to reflow
at 78 columns), but I see that they are not
properly obeyed for me either. Grady's message
wraps at my terminal width, even though I have
just set reflow_wrap to 40 as a test.

The reflow_wrap setting does not seem to affect messages for me, either,
despite reflow_text being set.  This could be a problem, as the ideal display
width of lines is a matter of personal opinion, and people's opinions differ.
Personally, I do not like wasted screen space and have set reflow_wrap to 0.
The problem is that Patrick, for example, would probably like a reflow_wrap
value of 80 and yet setting it to 80 does nothing.

In the spirit of experimentation...

On 2015年09月07日 13時39分, Cameron Simpson wrote:
Hmm. I was going to complain about your reflow_* settings (even though the
defaults are to reflow at 78 columns), but I see that they are not properly
obeyed for me either. Grady's message wraps at my terminal width, even though I
have just set reflow_wrap to 40 as a test.

Mutt 1.5.24 (2015-08-30)