On 2015-09-07 21:50 -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> > > set wrap=78
> > > set smart_wrap
> > > set reflow_wrap
> > >
> > >Nothing weird except habit :)
> >
> > Very true.  I had neglected to set wrap.  With these settings, though,
> > how would one even notice a format=flowed message?  (This line, for
> > example, wraps at or before 78 characters, correct?)
>
> Correct, wraps at 78 or terminal width if less but only for format=flowed.
> But why would you care to "notice" a post was format=flowed?  If you
> really care, you can examine the headers.
>
> ps: your posts still do not observe <78 chars.  Please set wrap

Re-reading this thread again (with a copy of the manual on the side),
I'm lost.

The way I read the manual all these settings only matter when displaying
a message that has been received; the message itself is never changed by
them.

So, why and how would it matter if _Grady_ set his *wrap* variables?
Isn't that something for Patrick to do, if Patrick wants Grady's message
to display in a particular way?  The only way I can see Grady can
influence the appearance of his _outgoing_ messages is with text_flowed,
and then with his editor.