> > Later on, you can use '=' which expands to that path, e.g.:
> >
> >   folder-hook FreeBSD$ push
> > 'T~d>5d<enter>;s=incoming/os/bsd/FreeBSD-OLD<enter>
> >
> > will save to a folder in ~/mail/incoming/os/bsd/FreeBSD-OLD
>
> I undestand this ... the messages are currently tagged "*" ... so that seems
> be fine ... my problem is that I am NOT getting to the "D" stage ... I have
> tried the "=" but still nothing ...

I don't see any mistake here.
The part that tags the mails seems to work:

  T~d>5d<enter>

The second part should run the save-message command (s) on all tagges
messages (;) to the mbox named (=...):

  ;s=....<enter>

Maybe you have bound the s key to another function?

I would try that manually and see what happens step by step.

--
Bastian