On 31Aug16 10:58 +0200, Gabriel Philippe wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 8:42 AM, Jon LaBadie <mut...@jgcomp.com> wrote:
> > Rephrasing, how can I tell if a deleted message has been copied?
> >
> > Currently, if I am uncertain I have to copy it just in case and
> > in the future, delete the duplicate if I created one.
>
> Not what you want, but if you have mutt with the trash feature, it can
> be useful.
>
> If you have deleted a message, it will be moved to the trash, thus if
> you have inadvertently deleted it you can get it back. But if you have
> moved it somewhere else, it will not go to the trash.

Sometimes I also have that problem to remember which key I pressed and
which macro was executed, so I lost track of my mails and I also purged
some mails by chance.

Honestly, I am also not fully convinced by the $ status. It is not
meaningful enough.
I'd like to note that when a mail is saved to another *box the status
line fickers 'Copying ...... something'. I can't read it,  its too
quick for my local mailbox.

Maybe a solution to that problem is to simply not clear the status line.

Or even better:

Maybe I want to see a log of the current mutt session (in a quake
console style), and maybe also keep a real log of what I did ...

What do you think?
--
Bastian