On (15/03/18 22:32), Erik Christiansen <dva...@internode.on.net> put forth the
proposition:
On 14.03.18 23:23, David Woodfall wrote:
On (14/03/18 16:01), Ian Zimmerman <i...@very.loosely.org> put forth the
proposition:
> On 2018-03-14 13:13, David Woodfall wrote:
>
> > > Previously, I used elinks and it works fine with autoview, however
> > > when I try to pipe to it it also renders the headers instead of just
> > > the body.
>
> When you try a pipe, is that piping the message (as a pipe command would
> do in the index view) or just the html MIME part (as a pipe command in
> the attachment view would do)?

It does the whole message. I seem to get messages where the entire
message is html with no separate html part. Mostly from ebay.co.uk,
even though I set to receive mail in plain text only.

To strip headers there, is pipe_decode useful? The manual says: "When
set, Mutt will weed headers and will attempt to decode the messages
first." Whether an "ignore *" is also needed to make it weed out all
headers, I haven't tested.

Erik

That works quite well and has the benefit of running elinks
interactively, which means I can open links in an external app.

I made a macro:

":unauto_view text/html<enter><exit><display-message>:set pipe_decode<enter><pipe-message>elinks

The only problem is that for some reason if I run it on an attachment
it marks the attachment for deletion. I can't figure out why it's
doing it. I first used D for the macro, then changed it to Z in case
somehow D was being confused with d, but the problems remains. I only
ever use lowercase d for delete (s+Trash\n). Nothing shows in the help
menu that looks like it would do it.