Regarding the following, written by “Dave Woodfall” on 2019-10-29 at 08:53 Uhr +0000:

I deal with very long links, or long lists of links where the context is lost, by opening the message in elinks, and then using elinks’ option to pass a link or current URL to an external application or command, if elinks can’t deal with it itself. That way it’s possible to copy the URL into /tmp/screen-exhange, then do something in screen.

Sounds like a lot of ifs and loose parts to a task that we all end up doing dozen times a day. A good tool would let me accomplish such a task without engaging my brain, and with one or two key presses, don’t you think?

--
@martinkrafft | https://riot.im/app/#/room/#madduck:madduck.net

the unix philosophy basically involves
giving you enough rope to hang yourself.
and then some more, just to be sure.

spamtraps: madduck.bo...@madduck.net