Il 27 agosto 2020 alle 01:40 Jon LaBadie ha scritto:
> I don't like the attachment approach but the formatting (minimal,
> bold, alignment,?) he uses and the 2 column arrangement would be useful.
> Of course, my using constant width characters and spaces kills
> any alignment my recipients would see with their proportional fonts
> and spaces.
>
> Is there anything I could use to create such "formated text", then
> distribute it in the body of a mutt message having some hope that
> the recipients see it correctly?

Hello Jon, tough one.

- you could use — e.g. — GIMP or LaTeX to create a picture which you
  attach to the message. This works on every machine/client the
  recipient is using, but fails your «distribute it in the body of a
  mutt» criterion;
- mathematical Unicode blocks [1] have some styled lettering (bold,
  italic, etc.); there are also blocks for playing cards symbols. You
  could abuse those — with the help of xcompose or translating
  scripts [2] — to hack some formatting into your messages.
  Unfortunately, I do not think it is possible to obtain «alignment»
  with this method in a way that is rendered correctly on every client.

I hope this helps even a bit; I am curious to see the solutions proposed
by other mutters
—F

[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_Alphanumeric_Symbols#Latin_letters