This message wraps the original message.

The sending domain has a DMARC p=reject policy, which unfortunately
can cause bounces.  See http://www.mutt.org/mail-lists.html#dmarc

To remove this message, please change the domain policy to p=none or
p=quarantine.
--- Begin Message ---
(Plus one Bcc:)

On 2020-08-26, at 23:40:08, Jon LaBadie wrote:

> For so long I've used mutt and composed my emails in ASCII,
> now I guess Unicode, that I'm ignorant of potential approaches
> to a bit of formatted text.

The needed symbols seem to exist in Unicode:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playing_cards_in_Unicode

> Both a friend and I organize weekly online bridge games for
> 20-30 players.  My seating notices go out as simple text.  He
> creates a 2 column Word document and includes it as an attachment.
> Players who wish to see his seatings must use an external office
> suite to view the attachment.

One thing I think of is a spreadsheet, packaged as a .csv.  It's
marginally legible as text or either Windows Excel or MacOS
Numbers should render it.  An alternative is the attractively
priced LibreOffice.

> Is there anything I could use to create such "formated text", then
> distribute it in the body of a mutt message having some hope that
> the recipients see it correctly?

Is there an example to try?  If it exists as .xlsx it could
be exported as .csv

-- gil

--- End Message ---