On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 04:22:04PM -1000, Baron Fujimoto wrote:

> The following in my muttrc was used successfully util this problem began:
>
> set smtp_url = smtp://u...@example.org@smtp.gmail.com

Do you have smtp_authenticators (unset by default) set?

set smtp_url = "smtps://lu...@example.com@smtp.gmail.com"
set smtp_authenticators = 'gssapi:login'

Are you using an "app password"? Typically, you'll need to (at least I
did)
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/185833?hl=en-GB

If not, you may want to switch to one. If so, you may want to make sure
it's still active, and check to see if your organization changed any
policies that might be causing the issue, whether that's disabling
certain protocols, or enforcing MFA.

FWIW, when I was using gsuite with Mutt (for work), I would typically
have to auth once for IMAP and once for SMTP.

Good idea trying alternate ports, but you may also want to doublecheck
that your provider is not blocking or hijacking SMTP (and see what you
get using telnet and / or openssl s_client to connect to smtp.gmail.com
directly). Kevin's suggestion should also help show any issues along
those lines.