On Fri, 22 Jan 2021, Robin Sommer wrote:

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 16:22 -1000, Baron Fujimoto wrote:

Our org's email is hosted by Gmail (via GSuite). I had been using
neomutt (built from MacPorts) successfully for years.

Maybe I can point you in some useful direction: I had exactly this
problem with a self-built mutt recently after upgrading macOS and
rebuilding all the ports (and mutt). It took me a while to find what
was going on: MacPorts' libsasl2 seemed to have trouble with GMail. I
uninstalled that and had mutt link against /usr/lib/libsasl2.2.dylib,
and everything went back to working normally for me.

Now, here's the funny thing: as I'm writing this, I just double
checked my mutt binary. Turns out it's back to linking against
MacPorts (now /opt/local/lib/libsasl2.3.dylib). I've rebuilt mutt in
the meantime a couple of times, so things must have reverted. But it's
all still working fine, which probably means that it was libsasl2
version thing somehow that's been corrected by now.

Hmm, I'm certainly willing to test that out, but a couple of hurdles:

- I don't seem to have /usr/lib/libsasl2.2.dylib (I can't find any libsasl2* in
/usr)
- Assuming I did have an alternate version of libsasl2 available, how would I
link to that library specifically when building mutt?

I do have the following MacPorts installed versions available:

/opt/local/lib/libsasl2.3.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libsasl2.dylib

Also using MacOS 11.1, if that helps