On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 11:17:42AM -0800, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 06:03:20PM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
> > Is that mutt's header caches?
>
> Yes, that's what I meant to say. :)
>
> > If so I don't tend to leave mutt running all the time, I assume it
> > refreshes things whenever it's started does it?
>
> Unfortunately, for header caches, "refreshing" doesn't include removing no
> longer existing messages from the cache.  It just means the header cache
> will slowly grow, even though you are trimming the mailbox externally.  Not
> the end of the world, but at a certain point the cache will lose some
> efficiency by sheer size.

Where does mutt keep these header caches then?

Ah, just a minute, I don't have set header_cache set for the good
reason that mutt doesn't download mail from anywhere, it's all here on
my desktop.  When I read mail remotely I simply ssh to my desktop
machine and run mutt.

So I don't think this is an issue for me.

--
Chris Green