On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 12:36:39PM -0500, X Tec wrote:
But this specific part I'm having trouble with seems to be *not* from Bash or system's shell, but from Mutt *itself*; as in, Mutt's own "local shell" or configuration syntax (not sure how to call it...).

Nevertheless, I tried your advise, and got this:
msmtp: unrecognized option '--no-tty'
Error sending message, child exited 64 (Bad usage.).
Could not send the message.

Hope someone else could give other advise, or if this is really not possible in Mutt, to confirm *why*.

Sorry, this isn't currently possible in Mutt. The $sendmail variable is handled specially: it's tokenized by space and invoked directly via execvp(). So you won't be able to use arguments with spaces in them inside the variable, or any shell quoting since it doesn't pass through the shell.

--
Kevin J. McCarthy