On Sat, Mar 11, 2023 at 07:30:13PM +0100, Dennis Preiser wrote:
When I use the following macro inside the folder-hook (I don't have
offlineimap)

macro index,pager G "!/bin/echo $record\n"; \

Ok, found the issue. The problem is that the folder name contains '=' (as in =INBOX) and for folders also '/' (as in =mutt/). These characters need to be removed or offlineimap, understandably, doesn't understand what folder I'm talking about.

This is the end solution (which works for my folder structure, other people might need a different sanitizing function):

folder-hook . 'set my_record=$record; \
               set record=^; \
               macro index,pager G "!offlineimap -o -l /tmp/offlineimap.log -f
$(echo $record | sed -e 's/[=\/]//g')\n" \
                    "Retrieve new IMAP messages for current folder"; \
               set record=$my_record'

Thanks a lot for your help.

--
José María (Chema) Mateos || https://rinzewind.org