I have considered the Windows based tablets vs the Ipad again and
again... I don't use my non-desktop for business purposes, so YMMV.
One of the biggest unexpected benefits of the ipad for me is the speed
of task transition... when I go from tablet to kids to car to tablet,
it's a "put it down, pick it up" thing, versus the "power button,
wait, type password, wait for it to recover" cycle. It's literally a
second to go back to useful function on the ipad vs probably 30-45 on
my tablet (but my tablet is 2 yrs old now, so maybe the new OS starts
up faster). The other issue I have with my tablet is it is HOT, the
battery life isn't as good, and the touch screen isn't nearly as
responsive as the ipad.

So my tablet sits neglected, and I use my ipad for virtually all
portable tasks: checking email, watching netflix, MLO on the go, time
wasting games, etc. Literally the only times I use my tablet are when
I need my smart card reader or when I need to print.

My $0.02 worth, probably valued at about 1/2 that :)

gko