The flexibility you'll win in term of sync, you'll, imho, loose it it term
of "daily use flexibility".
Try to bulk move, change context, format, color, date, etc. in Toodledo
Try to copy multiple task as child of another task.
Just try yo delete multiple task at once ...
Drag and drop outlook items
Use it offline
etc

Perhaps the online services will grow in term of flexibility, but I think
for the moment that a standalone pc software, as soos as it comes with a
sync feature that works well, is far from being obsolete.
IMHO.