The outline has a fixed order that can be used as a sort order. That
transfers to Android. There is a separate concept called manual sort which
is specific to each view allowing, for example, me to drag my morning tasks
around without messing with the outline (fixed) order.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/CAJYFk%2B1uwewpXKr4xJnvzk-H%2BRuMLhvpbXG%3Dk_1ovoaSNa5dRA%40mail.gmail.com.