Hi All

Let me try another tack and state where I am and how I am trying to use
MLO.

I am finding that entering individual Importance and Urgency for individual
tasks seems to take too long... so I am trying to store the what I will
call 'priority' (which roughly speaking I am using to mean a conflation of
both Importance and Urgency) by manually moving tasks around within the
"Outline > All Tasks" view in MLO Windows.

If I move stuff around in MLO Windows, yes the resulting order appears in
MLO Android.

So far so good.

I have also discovered that if I create a view based on Outline > All Tasks
but first having changed the filter to be Filter > General > Next Actions,
before saving the View in question, not only will this View match the
current manually created sort order in  Outline > All Tasks, but also I am
able to move tasks up and down the page (i.e. changing the order on the
page) *and* have this new order appear whenever I go back to Outline > All
Tasks. (And unsurprisingly this new order will appear in MLO Android both
things are synced.)

This is good too, because it means I can freely change the 'priority' of
tasks simply by manually changing the sort order when I am in Filter >
General > Next Actions.

What seems odd though is that if I create a View using Filter > General >
*Active* (instead of *Next Actions*), then MLO will not let me move stuff
around without the popup appearing. In fact that's not quite true because I
can move stuff around *within* a project, it's just that MLO wont let me
move stuff around in the root directory without the warning message.

Any thoughts?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/CAEN65JY4e6NSK2GNNGHOdEv_h-kimX0ejAEcP7Beesd57oQ_%3DQ%40mail.gmail.com.