Henk, yes, I have been looking at Evernote - which has a huge following.
However I couldn't see any obvious way to store deep multiple-levels
hierarchical information.

If I'm correct, in Evernote we can only have folders within folders and
that's it.  [Nightmare!]
Or am I missing something?

What is clever is their multi-level hierarchy of tags - brilliant! [Yes,
also possible within MLO - albeit extremely fiddly & counter intuitive to
set up !!]

But that doesn't solve my problem. I am looking for a way of creating
multiple layers (e.g. of say 6+ layers deep) of lists of factual date,
wherein the *order* is important and items are easily moved both up and
down the order and up and down the hierarchical tree just using the
keyboard...

P.S. I guess MLO could do this however I am reluctant to want to muddy the
already complex waters...

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/CA%2BrSdyrU2yhoy4Ssu_nT4KYMR81R7HYn0ZtignnQL3PBZfBKkg%40mail.gmail.com.