Joel

- Evernote - yes, horrible for tree structures.

- MindManager - works quite well once you learn the powerful hotkeys, but
any mindmap becomes visually messy when too much data (& too many
nodes...). Also take a long LONG time to open on my otherwise fast PC. Plus
it just crashed when I tried pasting in about 250 items...(!)

- Excel - Yes, I guess you could have successive columns for successive
layer of hierarchy... however I know of no easy hotkey way to whiz items up
and down the list (i.e. to swap rows at a single keystroke)... let alone up
and down the tree... Cutting and pasting entire rows is painful!

- MLO for pure facts? Yes, *MAYBE*... but in truth MLO wasn't really
*designed* for this, and I feel in my bones I will find myself seeing facts
when I want to see tasks... (plus possible formatting conflicts??)....
moreover if I ever wanted to store more complex data (e.g. tables, photos,
other media etc) I would be screwed.

- er... OneNote? Does anyone here use it? TBO, I am reluctant to even try
it because I already pay FAR to much in license fees to Micro$oft... !
 [deep sigh]

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/CA%2BrSdypzqwUcLPsKb4%3DxnH-gre4F0NCFkuNOqvOhC-0rBppVLQ%40mail.gmail.com.