Hi Dwight

Wow - I had no idea that all that stuff with the Todo List format, showing
the Task Path was even possible! I learned various things there - thank you!

Yes that looks useful. But I shall need to digest this properly when I have
more time and revert...

In the meantime I have two other related problems:

A) How can I get to show not just ONE next action within a major project
but THREE?
To explain: I find that quite often the actions within a project are
neither to be executed strictly "in series" nor completely in parallel.
i.e. If I have a large number of actions within a project I don't want it
to overwhelm my view by showing them all, nor to I want to just show one
project because the next 2 or 3 can often be done simultaneously (i.e. "in
parallel").

I am have been assuming that "Next THREE Actions" is probably impossible in
MLO but if anyone out there knows, Dwight would know!

B) Forced Next
I know that this is an 'old chestnut' that has been previously discussed
but I cant remember the conclusion!
But in GTDNext there is an extremely useful featured which they call
"Forced Next" which allows the user to manually put additional tasks onto
the Next (one) Actions view.  I have never quite managed to create some
such thing in MLO. The obvious thing to try is to create a flag called say
"ForcedNext", but I don't think there was any way to create a view that
shows NextActions AND Flag="ForcedNext".

Wait, it's coming back to me, now - or was that the intractable problem?!

General point:
Having recently been experimented with competing products I keep coming
back to the same feeling. MLO really is amazing in so many ways. BUT
personally I keep finding that it's like "the monkey's claw", all the
really important things that I want a task management system to do aren't
just difficult, after hours of trying complicated workaround, it turns out
that they all have terrible unwanted side effects that are worse than the
original problem.  To me it is clear that MLO has long ago lost the battle
of overwhelming the new users with too many features, but unfortunately
they haven't quite finished job of making it technically possible to do all

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/476464dc-d657-4e73-a980-2b1618ea8174%40googlegroups.com.