A relatively simple improvement is to make some visible indication on the
check box the moment you click to complete a recurring task.
Many times especially when I was new at this, I would click the task, see
nothing happen, and click it again several times (it is actually normal for
me to either have trouble with my mouse button, or operating system not
responding).
Slowly I realize that I have now completed furture occurrences clear into
next year but of course I was only trying to complete the current one!

Please make some kind of animation to indicate the recurrence coming back,
or at least show the check mark for a limited time to show that it
acknowledged my click!  Yes I am aware that if you are watching someplace
else on the screen and remember what the due date said then you would see a
change to know, but obviously that will not do for this feature request. We
were not looking over there most of the time; just make the actual checkbox
do something.