Agreed; I too have used MLO since before there was a version number
(syncing with my Microsoft PDA before a smart phone was possible).
Ten years later I thought the difficulty with daily usage would be solved
but now, even that was a long time ago and I struggle to maintain tasks. It
seems mostly changing what would help me could hinder some other way
someone uses it. Internally, it might require much planning plus a big
rewrite, but they don't have funding to just hire another team to develop a
whole new idea in parallel. Would be like a competition to see who wins
becoming the next release (it's what Microsoft has done, and just drop the
one that didn't win).

But if they will redo it at least enough to allow some scripting language
to check and modify things triggered by events, that would be a great start
so others can help make normal usage work the way they need, sharing the
ideas. Let's make MLO great again