No one is looking to smack anyone in the face.  It doesn't matter how easy
or difficult the question is, it is a matter of whether they tried to find
the answer on their own first, usually by doing a little research like RTFM.

----- Original Message -----
From: "JCampell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Official MySQL List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2000 9:57
Subject: Enough is Enough.

Years ago when AOL first provided its users access to newsgroups, they very
quickly into what I've seen in this list in the past few days. People ask
questions that are contained within FAQs and manuals, and then they get
smacked in the face. And ofcourse, they respond with their hurt egos. The
battles ensue with the "me too" ways, and finally people like me who are
looking to help someone, anyone, even the people with simple questions, are
stuck downloading 25 messages that don't have anything to do with MySQL.

I've gotten alot of help from this list, with PHP and MySQL questions,
because some things don't work like the documentation says. I appreciate all
the help, and I'm glad that I can help people, even if their question is in
the documentation. To those who don't have the time to answer anything but
the serious beefy questions, thats alright, because there are tons of other
people here. Most posts get atleast 5 replies. Don't waist your time, if
thats what you feel it is, a waist.

Take this message, think about it. Take what you agree with and dismiss the
rest, and remember. There's no need to reply to the WHOLE list.