On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Frederick L. Steinkopf wrote:

> I've got a new acronym for all of you flamers out there who are clutterring
> up the list with off - topic responses and flames to newbies.  (And yes this
> is off topic) If you see a message from a newbie that bothers you, just
> PTFDK (Press the F.. Delete Key)

I have no idea about who this message is addressed to as most flamers
do provide valuable help while at the same time getting their frustrations
out by flaming... but the last line made me laugh a lot. I hope this
does not offend anyone. Generally speaking the people that are bothered
by such things as newbie questions and post a message are the ones that
don't PTFDK as you put it but that's not necessarily a bad thing. A flame
is many times much better than no reply at all, just so long as it doesn't
carry on forever like those famous emacs-vi wars... speaking of which,
why does the MySQL bug reporting script fire up emacs when many users'
favorite editor is vi or some other editor (just joking). But jokes
apart I think that jitterbug is a more suitable bug reporting tool.
It requires you to fire up a browser and you don't need to learn
much about emacs to use it but you still have to go to the bug reporting
web site if you are serious about it.

Have a nice day,

-- Neil