Hello Jan and all,

I have issued a "show processlist" all the time during the time that
mysqld is at high loads, but I didn't notice slow queries of some kind.
Furthermore, I personally go over all queries and tables produced by our
developers to insure proper syntax and indexing, so I am pretty positive
there are no slow queries.

The only solution to this situation is to shut down mysqld completely,
then restart it back. The minute mysqld goes over 95% of CPU usage, it
would never go below that. I need to manually shut it down, then start
it again.

By the way, on our development server, there are TWO mysqld processes,
each uses different ports. They have been up and running for ages now
without a problem. Of course, such a server doesn't get as much hits as
the productional and much more powerful server does.

Someone on the list have suggested that BSD's threading support sucks
(does it?) and he had the same problem exactly. Only after moving to
Debian that he saw the end of these problems...

What do you suggest?

Noor