After a long search we found out that the firmware & BIOS of raid
adaptor was to blame !

It was the ServeRaid-4L scsi controller of a IBM Netfinity. This card is
a new product. After the upgrade of BIOS and Firmware with version 4.50
(was 4.40) the server seems stable and some other strange behaviours I
did not investigate so far, dissapeared. Realy if you have a
serveRaid-4L-controler with firmware version 4.40, you should upgrade
immediately. I contacted IBM 2 weeks ago and they said the knew nothing
about problems with the new serveRaid adapter. This has cost a lot of time !

How did I dare to blame mysql and linux!
No doubt anymore, Mysql and linux are great !

Herald