I am very frusturated as of right now. I have a mysql database that doesn't
work on Cobalt Raq3. I installed the RPM version and guess what the mysql.sock
file isn't there and ther server gives me this error when starting:

Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
mysqld daemon ended

Then it gives me when i connect with command prompt mysql

Can't connect can't connect through mysql.sock and it may not exist

I am so frusturated now all I want to do is uninstall this rpm and install the
source files. The bottom line is that the command rpm -e filename doesn't work
it gives me an error filename is not installed. The truth is it is installed
and I want it to work. I will be happy for a solution to either to fix this
sock problem or uninstall this software all 3 rpm's(client,server, and devel)
so I can just install the source tarball.

Any suggestions
Brent