Joel Holtzman wrote:

> Hello, I always wanted a gui interface to use on my win 98 pc to connect to mysql,
>and create/edit tables. However, i always get an access denied error, saying I'm not
>allowed to connect to the mysql server.
>
> However, via telnet, I am fine.

By default MySQL server allows only connections from localhost. This is
prorably what you do: use telnet to login into unix box and then use
mysql command line client there. If you try to connect from some other
computer you of course SHOULD get access denied error. This is security.

To allow this other computer to connect read the manual and especially
about command "GRANT".

--
MySQL Development Team