I just started using MySQL in the past month or so, and love it so far.  I come from a
background that includes a lot of FoxPro (way back in the days of FoxBase for the
Macintosh).  I also have had a bit of MS SQL Server experience, but more using it as a
back end for Visual Foxpro.

One of the things that have always bugged me about writing a SELECT statement has been
the inablility to exclude certain fields.  When doing a select * from a join, it would
be nice to be able to do something like this:

SELECT * EXCEPT invoice.custpo, payment.custid FROM ....remainder of select statement

Is there anything holding back the developers of MySQL from implementing such a
construct in MySQL, like the goal of ANSI compatability?  Am I being a big dumbass for
desiring such functionality?

In any case, thanks to everyone who contributed to MySQL for such a cool product.