From: Jason Landry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 9:41 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Future suggestion

I just started using MySQL in the past month or so, and love it so far.  I
come from a background that includes a lot of FoxPro (way back in the days
of FoxBase for the Macintosh).  I also have had a bit of MS SQL Server
experience, but more using it as a back end for Visual Foxpro.

One of the things that have always bugged me about writing a SELECT
statement has been the inablility to exclude certain fields.  When doing a
select * from a join, it would be nice to be able to do something like this:

SELECT * EXCEPT invoice.custpo, payment.custid FROM ....remainder of select
statement

Is there anything holding back the developers of MySQL from implementing
such a construct in MySQL, like the goal of ANSI compatability?  Am I being
a big dumbass for desiring such functionality?

In any case, thanks to everyone who contributed to MySQL for such a cool
product.