Hi,

I'm having a problem with comparing international characters in strings in
MySQL. I couldn't find any information in the manual that addresses the
issue.

MySQL seems to treat accented characters as equal to their non-accented
counterparts. For example, the string `men' is treated as equal to the
string `mén'; the string `sus' is treated as equal to the string `sús'.
I encounter this problem when inserting such keys as primary indices
into a table (it returns a duplicate entry error).

I suspect this was done intentionally. Does anyone know if there's a way to
turn this feature off? Or must I resort to dirty hacking?

(I'm using 3.23.25-beta, which I guess isn't the most recent version)

--
William <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>