Hi,

I wounder why there is no support for Auto_increment fields in Heap
tables. I know there is a problem with the uniqueness of this columns
but some times the uniqueness of the column is only needes as long
as the heap table exists.

I´m currently working on system for Managing http Session and would like
to use a heap table for storing the session information. Session
information is only of temporary intrest. But still I need an unique
ID for reference with some other Tabels storing dtaa for the session.
All these tables are Heap tables. So there is no Probelem if the ID
generated by the auto_increment column is not unique when the Database
server is restarted.

So Long

        Estartu

--
Gerhard Schmidt                               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Softwaredevelopment

PGP signature