> I´m currently working on system for Managing http Session and would like
> to use a heap table for storing the session information. Session
> information is only of temporary intrest. But still I need an unique
> ID for reference with some other Tabels storing dtaa for the session.
> All these tables are Heap tables. So there is no Probelem if the ID
> generated by the auto_increment column is not unique when the Database
> server is restarted.

        There's a couple problems with that to begin with.  First, you're
storing state in a HEAP table.  If the mysql server gets reset, all the
sessions are lost.  It would be tough to think you want to write your
system so your database server cannot ever be restarted, especially when
writing the data to a MyISAM table would probably be at a trivial loss
of speed.  Also, if you used an auto_incrementing column, you would be
handing out sessionIDs sequentially.  It would be trivial for somebody
to usurp somebody else's sessionID by simply subtracting or adding 1 to
their own.

-Joe