mysqld got signal 11;
The manual section 'Debugging a MySQL server' tells you how to use a
stack trace and/or the core file to produce a readable backtrace that may
help in finding out why mysqld died
Attemping backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
where mysqld died.  If you see no messages after this, something went
terribly wrong
stack range sanity check, ok, backtrace follows
0x813f4aa
0x8157e85
0x814f0ee
0x81565c5
0x807c0ac
0x8084f28
stack trace successful, now will try to get some
variables. Some pointers may be invalid and cause dump abort
thd->query at (nil) = 010306

Two odd things this time. One, the frame pointer is there, so it not being
there on other messages really worries me. Two, in the case above is the
thd->query equal to nil?

BTW: the binary distribution does not contain resolve_stack_dump, which it
should. :) If the binary does not omit the frame pointer, then it should be
there. Or the binary could omit the frame pointer and it would make sense to
not have resolve_stack_dump included. One way or the other. Using
resolve_stack_dump:

0x813f4aa pthread_sighandler + 154
0x8157e85 _IO_default_xsputn + 113
0x814f0ee vfprintf + 414
0x81565c5 vsprintf + 69
0x807c0ac net_printf__FP6st_netUie + 108
0x8084f28 handle_one_connection__FPv + 360

Hmm... Greek to me.

OK, so I'm starting over. Compliled my own version of
mysql-3.23.33 --with-debug as per manual. I'll be back when I have more
info....

Sincerely,

Steven Roussey
Network54.com