> I have tried the above with 3.23.33 and was not able to reproduce it.

I could be wrong (imagine that!). It crashed again today even with the table
in place.

In order to take one item out of the equation, I stopped the replace delayed
process I had running. It still crashed (about 8 hours later). Since it
takes this long, I can't do a trace file -- it would be larger than our hard
drives. I'm enabling the log on this server today -- hopefully that will
help, and will be smaller...

Right now the only thing I can think of that is different (since the server
never used to crash before):

1) Fulltext searches (selects) are happening on this server.
2) I switched the apache servers to _not_ use persistent connections (in
most cases -- I just realized we are currently using a 50/50 mix).

So my plan right now is to do this:

1) Turn on the log and see what is there when it crashes.
2) start again but don't have fulltext searches
3) start again but use persistent connection and do have FT searches
4) start again but use persistent connections no FT searches
5) cry if it is still crashing ;|

Pertinient information(?):
010307  2:03:36  Aborted connection 580760 to db: 'logging' user: 'apache'
host: `tank' (Got timeout reading communication packets)
mysqld got signal 11;
The manual section 'Debugging a MySQL server' tells you how to use a
stack trace and/or the core file to produce a readable backtrace that may
help in finding out why mysqld died
Attemping backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
where mysqld died.  If you see no messages after this, something went
terribly wrong
stack range sanity check, ok, backtrace follows
0x40097532
0x400fc24e
0x400fbf9a
0x8180797
0x80b2c23
0x80b92e4
0x80bf706
stack trace successful, now will try to get some
variables. Some pointers may be invalid and cause dump abort
thd->query at (nil) = 010307  2:25:10  Aborted connection 623630 to db:
'logging' user: 'apache' host: `neo' (Got timeout reading communication
packets)
010307  2:25:29  Aborted connection 624240 to db: 'logging' user: 'apache'
host: `neo' (Got timeout reading communication packets)

Sincerely,

Steven Roussey
Network54.com
http://network54.com/?pp=e