Is anybody aware of a problem when connecting Microsoft Access to MySQL
3.23 where records with AutoIncrement fields claim to be deleted after
entry?  Here's what I have:

MySQL 3.23.32
MyODBC 2.50.36
Microsoft Access 2000

Some of my tables have an AutoIncrement Integer field as the primary key
and some have a Char() field as the primary key.  The tables with Char()
for the primary keys work fine.  If I enter a record with AutoIncrement
numbers as the primary key, Access claims the record is deleted as soon
as it is updated.  I do not enter a value for the AutoIncrement field
(that would defeat the whole purpose of having and autoincrement field).
The record does actually get saved correctly, and refreshing the data
shows the newly created record.  Also, if I do enter a value for the
autoincrement field, it will not have this problem.  Is there anything I
can do to get this problem fixed?

One more thing, in the past, I have used a similar setup with MySQL
3.22.29 for Windows.  Everything worked fine with that version, but since
it was shareware, I tried to upgrade to the 3.23.xx version under the GPL
license.  That is when I first ran into this problem, and I see that it
still has not been fixed, or has not been reported.  Please let me know
what I can do to help solve this problem.

Christopher Lewis