On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 02:55:17PM +1200, Quentin Bennett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To be fair to the anonymous writer, the main reason for introducing
> 3.23.25 was
>
> Changes in release 3.23.35
> --------------------------
>
>    * Fixed newly introduce bug in `ORDER BY'.
>
> Nothing there about 'in Innobase and/or Gemini Tables', and for a release
> that is declared Stable to have a bug introduced is a bit of a no-no. If the
> bug only affected parts of the release that are still alpha, beta or gamma,
> as some of the new table types are, then the change notice should really
> reflect that, so that a new user is sure of what is affected, aiding the 'To
> upgrade or not upgrade' decision.

Bugs (sometimes rather old) have been found and fixed in stable
versions of MySQL before. The same is true of the Linux Kernel. That
doesn't change the fact (in either case) that the developers are
confident enough in their work to label the code "stable".

I'd say their track record (and the thousands of satisfied users)
says a lot about their judgment.

Some may not agree with it, but that is how they've done things.

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Technical Yahoo - Yahoo Finance