For what it's worth, here's my $0.02...

--> Is there something that you can do with MS SQL and you can not do with
MySQL?

MSSQL - has support for triggers, stored procedures, views, XML, and
transactions.  I would
          mention subqueries, but subqueries are on the way with mySQL.

MySQL - doesn't have all these fancy bells and whistles, but I believe it
has a lot to do
          with how you look at things, is the cup of water half-full or
half-empty?

I will say that mySQL has a mailing list that many developers around the
world access and
can help you with your problems (1. provided you've
made an effort to solve it), so just on that note, the support is well worth
it.

Not only that, but mySQL "forces" you to learn SQL.  Not by wizards that
build the SQL statement
for you.  Like J. Zawodny says, if it meets your needs, then do it.