Gotta say that this is a bad reason to choose one product vs.
another... because it lacks a GUI to build queries?  Undertanding SQL
is all well and good, but I can tell you that I would give anything to
have a query builder that works like the one for MS SQL server. You may
enjoy writing incredibly long join queries because it demonstrates
your understanding of SQL syntax. Personally, I'd rather spend my time
watching grass grow.  What is the value of doing something in code
which is inherently visual, and is a lot easier to do visually?

A query builder will not make a database developer out of a novice,
but it can make a professional developer's job a lot easier.  I can spend
my time writing complex code that can't be done with a tool, and not waste
it doing repetitive, boring joins that take a few seconds with a
visual tool.

I am not arguing for MS SQL Server vs. SQL server, I just think having
tools is better than not having them.  You
would always be free to write your MS SQL Server code by hand...

Here's looking forward to the future Mascon release that includes a
query builder...

Jamie