Hi ... I really need some help...
I'm new to the Linux system and MySQL and I've been given the task of
setting up a search facility for a MySQL database. I know it sounds strange
but if anyone could help I'd be very grateful.

Here is the problem. We are using Macromedia Flash for the web site and so
need to use Macromedia Generator to retrieve data from a MySQL database.
I understand I need to install ODBC somehow to get Generator to talk to the
database. I can't find decent enough help online for how to install and
setup ODBC on linux to enable MySQL to talk to Generator. If anyone can
explain in simple english what I need to do to sort this all out it'd be
great. Thanks

Matt Taylor