Hello Geoffrey,

GVN> Hi all,

GVN> I am a new user of mysql DB.

GVN> I am working with WN NT 4.
GVN> I already downloaded the mysql binary package for window.
GVN> I installed it.

GVN> But, now I don't know where to begin. How to start the DB.

GVN> Please, I would like to have some ways to begin.

GVN> Thanks,
GVN> Geoffrey...

First of all read the manual (...\mysql\Docs\manual_toc.html). The
manual contains all the information you need. I began to use mysql
not long ago. I spent an hour on reading manual and it was worth it.
Run mysqld-nt.exe and mysql.exe with "--help" pparameter.

It's very simple to start mysqld-nt (mysql server) in console or as a
service.

Run mysql.exe.

To create a database use
CREATE db_name;

The open the database:
USE db_name;

To create a table in the database see chapter about CREATE TABLE. And
so on. If you're familiar with SQL it's gonna be easy for you to use
mysql. To run any SQL query just type it and press Enter. In any case
look through the manual then try it yourself. And if there is a
problem write a message to this mailing list.

If you want to use mysql databases with some other clients (for
example PHP), read manual for that client (for PHP
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysql.php).

--
Best regards,
 Olexandr                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]