Here's a left-field question:

Does there happen to be a compelling reason for me to look into php when
using a MySQL database rather than my current Java usage.

I know the easy answer would be that if I know java, then stay with
java....it's a more versatile language, and so on.  But, are there
things that can be done with php+MySQL that I can't do (maybe as easily)
with Java+MySQL?  I ask only because I see on the internet, in
magazines....everywhere the combo of php and MySQL being discussed.

For example, when coding to an Oracle database, it is a huge benefit to
me to use Java (rather than say VB) due to the intergration of Java and
Oracle.  Is there anything like that going on with php+MySQL?

Thanks,
Rob