Ken Menzel writes:
> Hi Sinisa!
>   Good to hear from you.  Not having this problem yet,  I am however
> interested in the details of what you did find and what may be the
> potential cure.  I am asking as I would like a little more detail than
> what would normally go in a log entry.  IE how did the problem get
> reproduced.  Is it thought to be a bug in FreeBSD threads or a
> difference in the thread lib or something else?  And what the
> attempted fix might be.  (Maybe even a patch to try).  I would be
> happy to help test, resolve, duplicate any problems related to
> FreeBSD.  (This is important to us and anyone who runs production
> FreeBSD servers!).
>
> Ken

Hi Ken,

This seems to be a problem with threads on FreeBSD, although on which
side, yet remains to be seen.

It seems to appear that it is surfacing not just under heavy load, but
when there are many threads running. Many means more then 300 or 400.

I am not involved with this as I am poor BSD expert. Two of our
developers are working on the problem and will report their findings
to the general list as soon as they have something important to say.

As I am not involved with this, I truly am not able to shed more
light. One of our developers managed to pinpoint that most of CPU went
to some runaway thread. Causes of this are not known.

I would also like to say that this kind of problems are hardest to
crack and will require lots of effort. SIGSEGV's, on the other hand,
are very easy to fix in comparison.

Regards,

Sinisa

     /*/\*\/\*\   /*/ \*\ /*/ \*\ |*|     Sinisa Milivojevic
    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             /*/             \*\                Developers Team