My 4.2 STABLE dosent get so many queries, according to mysqladmin (Queries
per second avg: 0.700) the last time it acted up. By the way, it is a dual
CPU machine. On another machine with only one CPU running exactly the same
code and relese of FreeBSD I havent seen this problem.

/Lars Andersson
Lars Andersson, Tekniker
Cable & Wireless - pi.se
http://www.pi.se