LF> What if I sell a web site built using mysql?
LF> Do I need a license on my web server?

The conclusion i have made is that from end-user point of view his
mySQL is running under multiple licencies simultaniously depending on
what 3rd parties software makes request to it. To be more precise at a
given quantum of processor time it is run under GPL and the next
quantum (when the request from 3rd party proprietary software is being
processed) it is run under other license terms.
further more - imagine MySQL running on multi-processor system...

I don't think end user will ever understand it :)
As to the question "Do I need a license on my web server?"
the answer is - it depends on what software will be querying your
mysql engine you run on your server