You are DEFINITELY not going to win any races with INSERT REPLACE.
Minimizing the number of records you need to process will improve your
times significantly, especially since you need less than .002% of your
source data added to your destination table.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine