Hi,

We have a job that do 'select * from big-table' on a staging mysql database, then dump
to data warehouse, it is scheduled to run once a day, but may be run manually. Also we
have several other small OLTP database on the same server.
When the big job run, it would use all the physical mem and swap, all other process
slow down because of this.

I would like to limit the resource usage for each mysql client  so that they can use
only certain max amount of RAM, and don't select everything into memory before display
it to users. However, I couldn't find any parameter would let me implement it.
Anybody ever encounter the same issue before? Please share your experience.

Thanks.